Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wishing You a Day that Sparkles Card

Hello Everyone! This week we have our Sneak Peeks going on over at Craftin Desert Diva's for our May Stamp Release. Today I am showcasing... the new Build a Scene 2, 5x7 stamp set that I designed exclusively for CDD.
For my project I created this Wishing You a Day that Sparkles Card
For my Card I used the following CDD goodies:

The New Build a Scene 2 stamp set

The New Flag Banner Dies
The New Skyfall Sequins
Picture Frame Dies:   http://craftindesertdivas.com/picture-frame-die/
Flowers in Bloom Stamps:   http://craftindesertdivas.com/flowers-in-bloom/
And the Magical Wishes stamp set:  http://craftindesertdivas.com/magical-wishes/

To create my card first I cut the largest of the picture frame dies from plain white 110 lb. card stock. I then created my scene by masking out the different layers to add the pond, waterfall flowers, and the firefly. Once I had my scene stamped out I then colored the entire scene with Copic markers. For the water I stamped the pond a second time onto thin rice paper and then used Artist Grade Lukas Watercolors to paint the water using the wet into wet painting technique. Once the watercolor dried, I then fussy cut the pond out and attached it to the pond section on my main card.


Next I stamped the water lily from the Flowers in Bloom set and colored it in with Copics. I then fussy cut it out, and then attached it to the card base with foam tape for some added dimension. After that I cut out the banner with the new Flag Banner Dies, and stamped the sentiment from the Magical Wishes stamp set. To finish I added some of the new Skyfall Sequins for some extra sparkle and embellsihment.


All of the new stamps go on sale this Friday. Also make sure you join us for our Blog Hop going on this Friday and Sat. for some Amazing Projects and Inspiration using all of the new stamps. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mindy your colouring is amazing on this. Its just delightful.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This customized card looks awesome. I think we should give such unique handmade cards to our loved ones. On my parent’s anniversary this year, we hosted a grand party for them at one of popular venues in Los Angeles and made a beautiful card for them. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete