Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Penguin Kisses Popup Card

Good Afternoon Everyone! Today I want to share with you a Penguin Kisses Popup Card that I made.


To create my card I used the The Super Cute Chill Out stamp set I purchased from Craftin Desert Diva's.


You can find this stamp set here: http://craftindesertdivas.com/chill-out/. I also used the Merry Mix sequins also from Craftin Desert Diva's.


You can find the sequins here: http://craftindesertdivas.com/merry-mix-sequins/. To create my card first I created my Popup card base in Cricut Design Space out of basic shapes. Today I am sharing my file with you for free. If you do end up using my file, I would appreciate you giving credit to Mindy Beverly Art Studio, and also please become a follower of my blog. Here is the link to my Popup card file: https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/33024982. The card base is also already the correct size for the Chill Out Penguins.

To Create my card first I opened my Popup card base file in Design Space. I then imported the chimney image from TCBJ and added the tree image from the Cricut library. I sized both of these images to fit the popup tabs on my card. Next I added a tag to fit the Penguin kisses sentiment from the Cricut library as well. Once I was happy with my design, I used my Explore to cut out all of the pattern pieces in plain and patterned card stock. I then inked and chalked all of the paper edges to add dimension and shape. I then assembled the popup card base, tree, chimney, and sentiment tag and attached them to my card.

Next I stamped the penguin images onto Arches 140lb. watercolor paper with Memento black waterproof ink. Once the images were dry, I then used Lukas Professional Grade watercolors to paint each of the images. After they were dry I fussy cut each image out and then added glitter accents and white highlights. Next I stamped my sentiment onto the tag and then added extra chalk around the edges for extra contrast. I then attached all of the stamped images to the popup card tabs. To finish I used the merry mix sequins to decorate the tree, chimney, and sentiment. Thank you so very much for stopping by today! I hope that you enjoyed my card and have fun making your very own!

2 comments: