Thursday, July 23, 2015

Christmas in July Gingerbread Card

Hello Everyone! Tonight I want to share with you a Gingerbread Card that I made for a Facebook Hop that we recently had! (Created with patterns from LSHD.)


To make this card I ended up combining two different files: Building Christmas Memories, and Christmas Candy Gingers. First I made the gingerbread house shaped card. To create the shaped card I used the gingerbread house front and welded some of the frosting pattern pieces together in Design Space to create the frosted roof. I then layered all of the house pieces together and grouped them. Next I made a copy of my group and then layered two squares over the window holes and then welded the entire image together to create a solid house shaped base. Next I duplicated my welded house and then mirrored it. I then put both halves together, welded them, and attached a score line to finish making my card base. After that I selected both of the gingerbread images and sized them to my desired height for the card. I then cut out all of the pattern pieces with my Explore. Next I inked and chalked all of the little paper edges to create dimension. After that I assembled everything and attached all the pattern pieces to my card base. To finish I added all of the highlights with a white paint pen, and then glued on some sequins for an extra sparkle. Thank you so very much for stopping by! Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment